Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Walden Pond


This past weekend we took a mini-vacation to Boston. Saturday was a bit rainy, we escaped to the mall, did some shopping and really enjoyed dinner at the food court. David and I had Chikfila and Andrew got to eat what he wanted, it really was nice, we love their lemonade! We relaxed in the hotel and watched the baseball game. The next morning, the weather was amazing and we went for a hike around Walden Pond, the Walden Pond where Thoreau lived and wrote. It truly is a place where you can commune with nature.

2 comments:

Jen said...

So fun! I finally got a chance to watch the video of David walking around, and he is doing great! Walden Pond made a big impression on me when I saw it, too. Of course most of it was frozen, the trees were bare and we trudged there in snow (February is not the best time to visit Boston, although Danny was in utero and it was easier sightseeing without a kid!). Did you see Louisa May Alcott's home? If I remember right, that is pretty close. Take care!

Ian Batstone said...

Estoy jeloso. That looks like fun. I really liked that book growing up. Love the Curious George costume as well.